UCC Construction Permits

Start a New Permit
  • Construction official
    Construction Permit  Due to state requirements for raised seals on plans, the City of Garfield is currently only able to accept online applications for Building sub-code permits and Storage Tank Removals. Any other applications (electric, plumbing, fire protection, elevator, and mechanical) must be brought into the office.
  • Construction official
    Certificate of Continued Occupancy  Apply for a Certificate of Continued Occupancy. A permit is required when a new tenant occupies a commercial space or ownership is transferred on a building or business.
You are not currently logged on. Have you registered yet?
Registration has its benefits!
  1. Track your Permits from start to completion
  2. Add messages referencing the permit
  3. Learn of resolutions
  4. Request a receipt, when applicable
Login or Register now!
Review Submitted Permits

Use the search function to inquire on submitted Permits. If you know the Application ID or a Violation ID associated with the permit, you may enter that ID. Otherwise, select/enter what you know and press 'Search'.

Enter ONLY the street name (without directional prefixes/suffixes or types)